What’s this all about? Watch this 90-second video…
Do you keep going back to the full-automatic mode on your Canon dSLR because you’re not getting the results you expected from “those other modes”? Are there buttons on your camera that you’ve never pressed because you don’t know what they do?
This book was written for the budding photographer. The photographer who’s the proud new owner of a Canon dSLR, or the dSLR user who’s never gotten that dial on top of their camera out of the fully automatic, “green square” or P mode. If you’re ready to step up your game, this book’s for you.
This book discusses carrying, holding and stabilizing your camera, explains how to use the aperture and shutter priority modes and when to go full manual, explains what the most important buttons and dials on the camera do, and details how to get the most out of the built-in flash. In the Bonus Edition, it further explains how to take complete control of your autofocus, introduces you to the joys of off-camera flash, and offers guidelines on how to buy and rent new gear!
Complete Chapter List
Chapters are broken into three sections… “Getting Started”, “Getting Better” and “Getting Great”
- Carry & Hold That dSLR Like a Pro!
- Stabilize the Camera—from Hands to Water Glasses to Tripods!
- P is Not for Perfect
- Twisting your Dials
- Pushing your Buttons
- Getting the Most From Your Built-in Flash
- Manually Controlling Your Auto Focus — BONUS EDITION ONLY!
- AF On Button — BONUS EDITION ONLY!
- Upgrade Your Light — BONUS EDITION ONLY!
- Buying New Gear, & The Joys of Renting — BONUS EDITION ONLY!
- Products & Services
- Recommended Resources