Great lighting is a crucial ingredient for successful outdoor photography, but nature does not always provide perfect light. Many photographers supplement natural light with a portable flash unit. Whether it is intimate landscapes, macro photography, or outdoor action sports, the flash unit allows you, the photographer, to create as much or as little light as you want. In this course, we explore the intricacies of the flash unit, how to light portraits, macro, adventure sports, and some really cool creative techniques.
Are you a landscape, nature, or adventure sports photographer and if so, are you happy with your photography? Have you tried various techniques to make your outdoor photography stand out, only to be disappointed? Are you looking for ways to add that special sauce to your photos?
Topics covered in this course:
- The tools of the trade, from flashes to mounting devices
- How light from a flash works with outdoor light and lighting fundamentals
- How to make your subject stand out
- Photographing wildflowers in the field with added drama
- Adding light to landscape photographs
- Outdoor portraits with multiple flashes
- Lighting a camping scene
- Creating dramatic action sports photographs, like mountain biking or rafting, using multiple wireless flashes
- Light painting, spotlighting, and other creative light techniques
- Creating the perfect campfire photo